1. KEEP inserted piece of gauze in your mouth under pressure for half hour and then spit it out.
A. Nothing by mouth for the next two hours.
B. After that, liquid and cold diet for the next 24 hours.
C: After 24 hours, eat whatever you can tolerate.
3. SMOKING: No smoking for at least 24 hours after extraction.
4. NO spitting or sucking for at least 24 hours after extraction.
5. COLD APPLICATION: Place an ice bag/cold pack outside your face near the site of extraction. Leave it on for 15 minutes, then off for 15 minutes. Repeat for at least 4 hours.
6. PAIN: Take 2 Motrin & 1 Tylenol every 6 hours if needed for pain.
7. SPECIAL DRUGS: If you are prescribed any special drug, please take as directed (Ex: Antibiotics, pain killers, etc.).
8. Some pain, bleeding and swelling is normal after an extraction and should not cause alarm.
9. In case of any other complications, please call our office.