Oakdale Dental Associates offers a full line of preventive, restorative, and diagnostic dental services in Holyoke, MA. Call 413-536-1782 to schedule your appointment.
Dr. Manohar A. Lalchandani started his private practice in 1974. It is the practice now known as Oakdale Dental and it has a reputation for high quality dental care in Holyoke, MA. If you need a compassionate and highly skilled dentist with decades of experience for your preventative, restorative, or cosmetic dentistry needs, Dr. Lalchandani can help. Call us today at (413) 536-1782 to learn more about our services and to schedule an appointment.
Dr. Lalchandani started the practice that would become Oakdale Dental Associates in 1974, shortly after earning his DDS at the State University of New York at Buffalo. He was also the staff dentist at the Holyoke Health Center from 1975 to 1985. He is a past director of the American Cancer Society and the MSPCC Children’s Protective Services, and is currently an active member of the Mass Dental Society, the Valley District Dental Society, the Academy of General Dentistry, and the American Dental Association. He is also a past president and active member of the Lions Club.
Today, Dr. Lalchandani is the only volunteer dentist for the Holyoke Public School system. He recently completed 1100 hours of comprehensive post-graduate study in dentistry, earning the Academy of General Dentistry’s highest continuing education award—Master of the Academy of General Dentistry (MAGD)—which has been earned by only one percent of practicing dentists in the U.S. and Canada.
If you are ready to start your journey to dental health with a caring, compassionate, and highly experienced dentist, we invite you to contact Oakdale Dental Associates at 413-536-1782 to schedule your appointment.
Preventive and diagnostic services are designed to head off dental issues before they occur:
- Dental Cleanings - A dental cleaning is a preventative health measure that should be scheduled with a trained dental hygienist twice a year. This removes difficult to remove plaque and tartar from teeth and gums.
- Dental Exams - Regularly scheduled dental exams can help to detect dental issues early before they escalate to requiring complex dental treatments. It can also spot the signs of oral cancers.
- Custom Mouthguards - Custom mouthguards can be used to protect teeth and orthodontic work while participating in sports.
- Night Guards - Dental night guards can help to stop the damage from tooth grinding.
Restorative services are designed to save a tooth that has developed problems:
- Dental Fillings - Dental fillings stop dental decay from advancing by removing decayed parts of teeth and filling cavities with a special composite material.
- Dental Crowns - A dental crown can help preserve a tooth that has been badly decayed and requires a root canal. It is also used in a variety of other dental procedures, including on top of dental implants.
- Root Canals - A root canal removes bacteria and decay from an infected tooth root, where the infected pulp is carefully removed and the inside of the tooth is disinfected and sealed.
Tooth replacement options are available for teeth that are too badly damaged or decayed to be saved:
- Dentures - Dentures can be an effective and affordable solution for patients who are missing many teeth or suffer from very advanced, widespread tooth decay.
- Dental Implants - Dental implants are a permanent natural tooth replacement that can last a lifetime. The implant is placed directly into the jawbone and helps to preserve natural tooth spacing and function.
Cosmetic dentistry improves the look of teeth that are healthy but unsightly:
Veneers - Dental veneers can dramatically improve the look of your smile with thin coverings that the dentist places over the front of teeth. Many celebrities rely on dental veneers to create a picture-worthy and youthful smile.
- Teeth Whitening - Professional teeth whitening can deliver better results than at-home teeth whitening kits that you can purchase over the counter. Often professional teeth whitening lasts longer, too.
Call us at (413) 536-1782 to schedule an appointment with Oakdale Dental.